Monday, March 31, 2014
Thursday, March 27, 2014
WILL BE FEATURED AT THE UPCOMING PANCAKES AND BOOZE LIVE ART SHOW IN SEATTLE ON APRIL 12th visit the website below for more
Tuesday, March 18, 2014
Saturday, March 15, 2014
Tuesday, March 11, 2014
- Winter ~ 2013 Acrylic, spray paint, broken glass and sand on a wood board. The different shades of blue were created by mixing and matching all of the blue paint that I had and using decorative sand to give it some texture, each color was applied by hand and topped with some broken glass that was spray painted to add contrast with the metallic blue paint underneath. The name Winter speaks for itself.
- Health & Healing Bowl ~ 2012 This is one of the few 3-D objects that I created by using sand mixed with black paint and cowry shells. The gold lotus flower type shell in the center has various different meanings in several world religious and ethnic groups to symbolize creation, rebirth, reality and the sun. The handles of this stainless steel "refashioned” wok are wrapped with cotton muslin and elephant beads for strength. Recommended reading: Sacred Woman: A Guide to Healing the Feminine Body, Mind and Spirit by Queen Afua.
- Gold Tones ~ 2013 This image reflects the silhouette of a women’s face with gold hair highlights and wearing one earring that was done by using an acrylic/spray paint technique which mixes together to create a unique design.
- Love in the Midst of the Sea ~ 2012 This is a 3-part painting that includes an original poem written by the artist, a handcrafted message in a blue glass art deco vase and a black sand textured frame of a handmade paper painting titled “LOVE,” a term that has various meanings worldwide but is a common necessity of life along with fresh water, clean air and healthy food that must be handled with the freedom of care.
- Black will always be Beautiful ~ 2014 The terms ‘black is beautiful’ and ‘my black is beautiful’ have been used to define the natural variety of skin tones of people from African descent who have been severely persecuted, mentally afflicted and emotionally wounded for centuries by those who for unnecessary reasons despise their GOD MADE ORIGINAL darker skin color, strong mentality and creative skills. But despite the disdain they continue to live; appreciate, value and cherish all of their human qualities far above society’s negative opinions.
- Gold Mind ~ 2013 Mixed Media on wood board to symbolize the success, ability and wisdom of the mind…Selah-Shalom = pause, think and “peacefully-mine” your valuable thoughts of creativity.BLKSHYNYSTRSNNYBLLA ~ Lady Shaynlicia (NOT FOR
) Customized hat images can be made based upon your own personal hat fashions, prices may vary according to size and materials needed to assemble each one-of-a-kind original design. SALE
- SUMMER 1~ 2014 A lady wearing a afro puffball hairstyle and big earrings.
- SUMMER 2 LUV… ~ 2014 A colorful image of a woman wearing a afro hairstyle w/ flower, bright clothes who is ready to welcome the Summer Season of Love.
Do you name your art peace's before or after they are completed?
allowing for each peace of art tohave its own originality because they were not created to represent just one established idea or concept. This definitely pertains to most of the male and female images that are typically a combination of a variety of different features, NOT JUST ONE person unless otherwise stated by (Shurvon A Haynes) the orginal artist.
WHAT DO YOU THINK IS THE BIGGEST MYTH ABOUT BEING A VISUAL ARTISTS AND HOW VISUAL ART IS DEFINE?
The biggest misconception of artwork is that it is always directly related to a "specific" person, place or thing according to someone else's misguided preconceived stereotypical assumptions of the artists capabilities, purpose and reasons for making innovative Fine Arts. Another myth is that visual artists should challenge themselves by having envious competition with other visual artists "This does not work for most artist because they don't operate according to those type of negative motivation strategies.
Saturday, March 8, 2014
The real human race of people whose lives and families were sacrificed for this country and the well deserved improvement for the treatment of Black African-American women who were kidnapped, enslaved, violently abused mentally/emotionally/physically while forced into cruel and unusual slave labor for 400 hundred years to establish this country and who are still being mistreated in society every single day! Because they are considered unworthy non-humans by those who are not thankful and grateful for the well documented sacrifices, contributions and accomplishments of the enslaved Africans and black people residing in the United States that has been more than enough to cover the civil and equality rights of all the future African-American black generations of male and female descendants in the United States for the next thousand years. HOW DARE ANYONE CHALLENGE THE RIGHTS OF BLACK PEOPLE HAVING RETROACTIVE REPARATIONS, RECOGNITION OF LEGAL CITIZENSHIP, RECIEVING PROPER COMMUNITY SOCIAL SERVICES AND EQUAL SOCIAL RESPECT STATUS IN THIS COUNTRY THAT HAS ALREADY BEEN EARNED AND OVER PAID WITH ACCRUED INTEREST by their enslaved AFRICAN ANCESTORS, CIVIL RIGHTS LEADERS AND THEIR RACIALLY DISCRIMINATED AGAINST LIVING RELATIVES based upon false theories of inferiority and inhumanity...Serious changes in our political society must be made IMMEDIATELY TO STOP the racial injustices, unnecessary police brutality cases, devious incarceration methods, blatant healthcare and workplace discrimination practices, cowardly and maliciously invasive mind control tactics against people of color by those who are spreading HATRED towards others. WE THE CITIZENS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA CAN AND WILL DO A BETTER JOB OF ENCOURAGING WOMEN TO BE ALIVE, HEALTHY, SAFE AND LIVE A BEAUTIFUL LIFE!