1. The admiration of the art painted on the black velvet fabric some of the best artwork ever made!
2. The magnificent and detailed artwork made by other visual artists in my family.
3. Beautiful flowers, natural earth landscapes and the sunset summer breeze.
4. My love for fancy perfume bottles, make-up cases and fuchsia lipstick color.
5. Reading beauty and fashion magazines. Watching celebrity movie and music award shows.
6. Afrocentric and colorful outfits worn in most gospel church fashion shows.
7. Hip-Hop Fashion icons: Salt & Pepa, movie actors and music entertainers.
8. Born and raised in Seattle and one of the many naturally talented artists from the Central District neighborhood.
9. The importance of seeing more black art on book covers, stationary and gift items.
10. Elementary school art projects and the teaching of the late Ms. Rainbow, legendary art instructor.
11. Dramatic theatre plays, gospel singing groups and colorful art murals on buildings within the city.
12. The visual imagination that is developed from reading in silence.
13. Good Ole' soul music and soul food.
14. Downtown Seattle, department store malls and the Waterfront scenery.
15. Big Colorful Earrings, Fancy Hairstyles and Fabulous Fashion Designs.
16. The need to decorate my personal space and the creative therapeutic healing process of painting colorful pictures.
17. Mixing watercolor paint in those little compact trays to make something beautiful.
18. Abstract designs, geometric patterns, shapes and colors.
19. The personal knowledge of knowing that I would accomplish my creative visual fine art goals within my lifetime.
20. The importance of establishing a legacy of Fine Art that represents Black people at their best.
21. Creative Ideas that are discovered while on my artists journey through this wonderful world of color.
22. The best way to combine my favorite subjects of fashion design, philosophy, sociology, culture, history and literature into one fabulous peace of artwork for the purpose of interior decoration and design.
23. Drawing fashionable clothing designs and making detailed collages with paper, beads, glass and fabric.
24. Making Fine Art that is one of a kind and original like clouds in the sky!
25. GOD CREATED DIFFERENT COLORS FOR A REASON TO CELEBRATE LIFE, LOVE, LAUGH AND LEARN LIKE THE SOUND OF MUSIC.
The items on this list will be featured in the 2015 myheART's DESIGNER SERIES
PAINT + BRUSH + PAPER = 25 Reasons i heART!
FINE ARTS BY SHURVON